-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] På vegne av Tom Wylie
Sendt: 11 December, 2008 10:26 AM
Til: Ken Widelitz
Kopi: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Emne: Re: [Elecraft] Earning Customer Loyalty

My radio is S/n #1272 The B encoder failed 1 day after build.

An email brought a new encoder to Scotland in 3 days, but why did it
fail in the first place? Is it a bad batch?

Tom
GM4FDM
I just love my K3

Ken Widelitz wrote:

> I had a two week old K-3 fail after I brought it to PEI for CQWW. The
> VFO B knob stopped working so I couldn’t even change menu settings. I
> was able to use the radio in CQWW. I brought it home, got an RMA and
> sent it in to Gary. Within days he called me to tell me it wouldn’t
> fail on the bench, but that he was going to change the VFO B encoder
> anyway. That is the kind of pro-active customer service that earns my
> customer loyalty. I know, I’m preaching to the choir here. Still, it
> is nice to see a company, any company, doing it right with both
> product and service.
>
> 73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 081210-0, 10/12/2008
> Tested on: 11/12/2008 09:20:37

So I met the bloke who invented crosswords today. I can't remember his
name, it's P something T something R.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 081210-0, 10/12/2008
Tested on: 11/12/2008 09:25:53