Lee:
Besides using solder wick (available at Radio Shack, I think), you can use a needle to clear out the hole. Solder doesn't seem to stick to needles very well. Just heat the needle near the point while trying to push it into the hole. Usually works like a charm.

73's,
John AA0VE

Lee Buller wrote:

I was putting together a kit this evening (non Elecraft) and discovered I was using the wrong instruction sheet version to the parts and board I was using. (Always check your parts before beginning - which I did not) I had to putt about 10 resistors of the board. They are plated through holes. I did not have a vacuum desoldering station...so I have to think of somethingto get the solder out of the holes. A small drill? Anyone has some comments?

Lee Buller - K0WA
"Embarrased to say the least"