I first use a bit of solder wick to clean up the excess solder on both
sides. This usually leaves a bit of recessed solder in the plated
through hole. I then use a stainless steel T-pin heated with a
soldering iron and held with a pair of needle nose pliers to press
through the hole. Once it is through I remove the iron and after it
cools a bit I give the Tpin a twist and gently remove it while
twisting back and forth.

It's always worked so far on too many holes to count.

73

jim ab3cv