From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of wayne burdick
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:58 PM
To: 'Elecraft Reflector'
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 receiver & CW contest condx -- AGC settings, etc.

> When I could get one letter and had one or two people calling it was
> fine.
> When 5 or more the signals all were the same strength....

I'll discuss this with Lyle, KK7P (our DSP engineer). I don't think this has
anything to do with "desensing" if a narrow filter is being used. I can't
imaging what might cause it with lower-level signals. The ADC has plenty of
resolution, and the DSP has plenty of horsepower, so there should be no
difficulty in separating out multiple stations in close proximity.

There are only two things I can think of: the AGC may be set too "flat", or,
if a speaker is being used at moderate to high output, that perhaps the
RFC47 mod hasn't been done (on the RF board). In any case, we'll look into
it.

tnx
Wayne
N6KR