That's a really bad comparison.  A good safety ground has no
relationship whatsoever to a good radial field.  They perform different
functions, and while a good radial field might also provide some safety
benefits as a distributed path for lightning protection, the reverse is
rarely true.  There is also no assured correlation between a
ground/radial system that gives a decent impedance match and one that
gives decent signal performance.  A little web searching will bring up
several references on both points.

It is true, though, that a buried radial system requires more than just
"a few" radials to give decent results.  I don't want to get into the
elevated versus buried radial argument since both have their place and
(properly implemented) both will work well, but if space permits the
installation of enough sufficiently long buried radials they have some
definite advantages.

73,
Dave   AB7E