From: WILLIS COOKE [mailto:wrco...@flash.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 6:44 PM
To: 'Elecraft Discussion List'; 'David Wilburn'; Ron D'Eau Claire
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT - SteppIR Vertical and Elecraft Products

You are absolutely right Ron.  It is possible to end feed a half wavelength
antenna.  All it takes is very big coils and very high voltage capacitors
and a lot of knowledge and usually a lot of money.  Not quite so bad if you
stay with QRP power levels.  And when you are through you have an Antron 99
for whatever band you build for.  I certainly don't recommend it to
beginners.  But for those of you who want to try it, lots of luck.  When you
are done you will have the equivalent of a center fed half wave antenna.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ