Fred,

I was tuning around 10 during the contest and ran across a gent higher in
the band signing /QRP. Turns out he wasn't in the contest, but I called him
anyway and we had a nice QSO.

He is 82 years old and was running a K2 and waiting on a K3. We chatted for
a while. Think my straight key fist was horrible to start with...

Sometimes these QSOs are more memorable than the contest. He was doing a
good clip and it made for a fun few minutes away from S&Ping the band.

73,
Julius

Fred Atchley wrote:

> Richard, your comment about "Golden years" was right on. Amen. At 73
> rotations, I'm a little slower, my right hand has a bit of the palsy, and
> need a nap after lunch. But, I still love Ham radio. Fortunately, the
> great
> people at Elecraft came along. The K3 is, hands down, the best rig I've
> ever
> owned. During a contest, if other Hams can copy me, I can copy them (key
> clicks & splatter not withstanding.) 73, Fred, AE6IC.

-----
Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group