Yes, Wayne has developed optimum CW shaping on both the K3 and the K2. It's
more than just rise and fall times. The shape of the transition is important
too.

But even a very simple cathode-keyed vacuum tube rig with minimal click
suppression shouldn't produce anything significant out a 1 kHz or more away
from the carrier.

Another possible source of such clicks are linear amplifiers. Some fellows
over-drive them, thinking it doesn't matter on CW, but an over-driven
"linear" will distort the keying waveform too and may cause lots of splatter
on CW just like they will on other modes.

Ron AC7AC