Richard Davis wrote:

> My AF knob was 'funny'....
> a panic run to the hardware store...
> will probably use as a permanent knob....until Elecraft offers
> knobs with brass sleeve inserts to absorb the stress caused by the set
> screws.

Richard,

The knob you have was from a small batch manufactured incorrectly
(defective material). When the right material is used, it is extremely
strong, and does not require a metal bushing. We do use a metal bushing
for the VFO B knob because it is part of the integral brass weight.

I thought we had found all the problem knobs by now and replaced them
-- guess not. In any case, it sounds like Scott is sending you
replacements. You shouldn't have any further issues.

Thanks for all of your other comments about using the rig in last
weekend's contest.

73,
Wayne

---