G'day,

I have mentioned in the past that I have noticed, fairly
frequently, that sometimes when first powering up my K3 the
received audio sounds weak.  This evening I was listening to a 20M
QSO between an LU and an LA, both S9.  I had the distinct notion
that for the af gain setting the audio was not as loud as I would
normally expect.

When this happens I usually turn the K3 off wait a second or three
and turn it back on.  When I did this the audio output (phones)
was hugely increased, no measurements unfortunately but at least
+6dB.

Given that a power cycle sorts out the problem I'm wondering if
there isn't some sort of initialisation problem, something like
the logic races of old.  I'm not using any extreme agc settings,
virtually default numbers.  The house is quiet, my ears still
work, and I usually use phones and seldom have the af gain (LO)
more than 10 o'clock.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Regards,

Mike VP8NO