Grant Youngman wrote:

>> Why would I have any reason to think that it wouldn't? Other radios in
>> existence at the time of the K3's announcement already did that.
>
> So what?  That's an absurd assumption.  Read the specs, read the
> manual.  Don't like what you see?  Move on to something else.
>
> But don't spend hours berating the fact that your assumptions were bad.

Clearly you don't use digimodes, otherwise you would not consider it absurd
to assume that the K3 would have the same functionality in its data mode as
other radios have. And it is not correct to use EQ when operating sound card
digimodes, as anyone who uses those modes will tell you.

I do find absurd your implication that it is acceptable for the K3 to be
dysfuntional in this respect and that instead of bemoaning this fact I
should just buy something else. I'm not sure Elecraft would agree either.

I want the K3 to be the best performing radio just as much as they do, and
the attitude of members of this list who attack anyone who dares to suggest
that certain things could use some improvement is not constructive at all. I
don't think anyone at Elecraft has ever been offended by criticism anyone
has made on this reflector, so I don't understand why some people feel the
need to leap to their defence at the slightest unfavourable comment. If we
can't have free and frank discussion about the merits or otherwise of
Elecraft products here on this reflector then how are Wayne, Eric and Lyle
supposed to find out what their customers think?

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html