P.B. Christensen wrote:

> There's also a due-diligence obligation on the part of the prospective
> purchaser:  How difficult would it have been to ask Elecraft, prior to the
> purchase: "Will the data EQ bypass capability be absolutely ready at the
> time of production and purchase?"

Why would I have any reason to think that it wouldn't? Other radios in
existence at the time of the K3's announcement already did that. Therefore I
think it is not unreasonable to assume that the K3's implementation of the
data mode would work the same way. We are, after all, talking about a
consumer purchase not a defence department procurement.

>> That's why some of us ask uncomfortable questions like is there a roadmap
>> for the firmware development, so we can see when the issues that bug us
>> are
>> going to receive some attention.
>
> Dangerous.  If I'm a product developer, I am then held hostage to my own
> roadmap and delivery dates -- and many disgruntled users who will
> continuously point out that the company is driving off the designated
> roadways and loosing time in getting to the final destination (perhaps
> like
> the topic of this discussion).

Okay, but roadmaps don't exist for your convenience. They are for the
benefit of the customer who wants an idea of where and when he will get what
he needs if it isn't available right now. In the case of the K3 its as if we
are moving, hopefully forward, blindly and in the dark, with numerous people
shouting often conflicting directions and no-one knowing if the drivers
heard us or not.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com