This sounds like it might be related to a problem reported by K4SO
yesterday (and reproduced by myself).  Different triggering
circumstances, but the symptoms of the receiver coming back with low
sensitivity that is fixed by hitting the key again are the same.

Search for a topic of "K3 3.30 FW 80M split-strange behavior" for that
original report.

73
--
Joe KB8AP