Hold on a moment Steve. Before you buy a humidifier, let me suggest
that something appears to be ungrounded internally as you suggest. My
shack is in an unhumidified work space in New Mexico. I can generate a
good bit of static if I wear a fleece sweater and slide just so on my
office chair. I've zapped against my K3 many times (it's grounded of
course) and it's never once caused a reaction.

You might want to ask the factory. I think you have a problem.

Windy KM5Q