Let me add another data point why a KPA800 makes sense:

I only have 120V in the shack, so I would like to see a solid state amp that
can do 800W with a built in power supply. That's probably  the max you can get
out of that circuit 15A * 80% *120V = 1440W  max continuos. At 50% efficiency
you can do about 800W with that. Adding 220V (208V) is not an option for me and
maybe a lot of others.

I already have a TT Hercules II 500W solid state amp, but it runs of 12V with
90A off a battery that is trickle charged.

Andreas, N6NU