Considering the fact that the Ameritron ALS-600 lists out at $1500 ($1250
street price however), and is NOT QSK (but easily converted to such with the
mod by Phis Salas), I think you are dreaming!  $1K would be pretty cheap,
and Elecraft doesn't make cheap stuff.  Personally, I think you would be
looking at somewhere close to twice that amount!

But hey folks, let's all take a Valium!  Elecraft has been consistently
super-cautious about what they produce, and when they produce it.  I know
they are tinkering with amps, but that's all we really know at this
point--they are tinkering.  It could be a year or two before anything really
starts to look like a possible production piece.  Remember, this is a
company with two (count 'em, two) principals.  It's not Yaesu, or Icom.  I
think they prefer to not spend 23 hours a day in the lab!

Someone mentioned earlier the concept of "return on investment" (ROI), and I
would add "allocation of resources".  Although they have added a lot of
great talent to the mix, it's still two guys primarily calling the shots,
and doing the decision making.  I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect
them to start cranking out all the goodies everyone wants them to offer.  In
time maybe, but not on anything close to the schedule some folks are
wanting.  I'm not even sure amps are a really viable product for them to get
all that fired up about.  There are some very sophisiticated amps out there
already, and I don't really know if Elecraft can truly distinguish
themselves in that part of the market the way they have in the transceiver
market.  Seems like any innovation they might come up with would be much
more easily copied/added by someone else, and there goes your market
advantage.

I think the Elecraft name on an amplifier would be significant, but it's
high dollar and high risk.  Personally, I think half or more of you, who are
chomping at the bit to have an Elecraft amplifier, would fall by the wayside
when you see what kind of price you would have to pay for one that has all
these bells and whistles on it.

Dave W7AQK