From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of rfenab...@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:23 PM
To: Elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft Amps

Hmmm, why is it necessary to run 1500 watts?

Seems like a huge investment in amplifiers, antennas, accessories and cables
along with the associated maintenance.

We here you guys but you often don't her us. Perhaps power does not replace
an efficient antenna system?

Although we are restricted to 400w in VK, most operators seem to do well
running around that power anyway.

Is the US different in as much as you have high QRM/QRN ? And 1500 watts is
what you need to be heard by other stations?

Just curious, no criticism meant....(:-))

I would still like to see a KPA-500 released regardless of the older pair
once mooted.

73's
Gary
Sent via BlackBerryR from Telstra