Hmmmm - I have an unbuilt XV144 and was not going to buy the K144XV because I
thought I had read somewhere that the XV144 would be sufficiently better to
warrant using the XV144 - but that would generally be portable or at an
alternative address and via a 100W PA. Now wondering if the additional kit to
carry (the XV144) makes it worth it.

The K144XV will give 8-10 Watts, the XV144 20-25 Watts - strikes me as I'd have
to drive a PA with at least 10 and that would be pushing the K144XV, whereas I
could reasonably get 15 - 20 from the XV144 and not get it too hot (a known
problem?) and not over-drive them either.
73 de M0XDF
--
Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe.
-Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)