In a recent message, "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <m0...@alphadene.co.uk>
writes

>The K144XV will give 8-10 Watts, the XV144 20-25 Watts - strikes me as
>I'd have to drive a PA with at least 10 and that would be pushing the
>K144XV, whereas I could reasonably get 15 - 20 from the XV144 and not
>get it too hot (a known problem?) and not over-drive them either.

Your XV144 should not get too hot, David.  I presume that yours will
have vent holes in the top and bottom covers whereas the early ones
(like mine) did not.  Now that I have provided ventilation I do not have
a heat problem and can merrily run mine up to 25W. The Mitsubishi
RA30H1317M PA module is in fact rated to have a Pout >30W at up to
175MHz.
--
David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK