I understand that there is a need for a reasonable mark up, and I understand
that there's also a need to pay for the R&D.  However, some times you have to
decide if your product is worth producing based on the amount of sales that it
will generate.  And not by way of how can you pay all of your R&D back in a
matter of the most minimal time.  Not thinking about how many of these units
they will potentially sell as time progresses.

If this is all that the P3 is about, than they need to re-consider selling it.
Or anything that they make and sell for a price that seems to be $100 to $175
off market. (This assuming that the price IS going to be $700 plus)
I would rather know that I can buy a VERY nice home computer, with monitor, and
then install the FREE software with a $250 interface box and then be able to
not only run the Pan adapter program, but all of my accounting, my Internet
browsing and thousands of other things on that same very computer for the same
price as a single operation device.

Yes, the stand alone box is very nice indeed, but it's not as if I'm going to
be saving anything that a nice laptop computer can't give me in the same amount
of space.  Even if I go Portable, with a laptop I don't have to worry about
powering a second device, nor do I have to worry about the logging, because
it's already incorporated in the same device, along with everything that HRD
or any other control software can do with the K3 also...

I know that none of my posts are going to change the price of the P3 right
before it's released.  That's obvious by the same way it appears they didn't
listen to some of us when we requested a Mouse, Keyboard and perhaps even VGA
output on the box as well.  But someone has to be outspoken and say something
about the pricing on this device.  This isn't a personal attack on anyone, or
the company.  This is just a way of expressing my opinion based on other Pan
adapters that I have purchased in the past.