For speeds that people can send with a bug (usually) the regular CW
seems to work quite fine. CW plus is primarily intended to support
very fast speeds, often heard now with operators sending with
keyboards and other electronic keying devices.

Debouncing a bug to prevent false starts when someone has poor
contacts on one side is not one of the design goals for CW plus I've
heard passed about, though the buffering of keying circuits used in
most transmitters now has a small amount of debouncing effect which
has likely been hiding the glitch. This would include the regular CW
of the K3.

With CW plus, however, that small false start has to be taken as
legitimate, because pausing a small amount to "make sure" that the
operator really means it, would make high speed CW sound jerky.  CW
plus was made to faithfully reproduce the keying at very high speeds,
and has to take the blip seriously.

Cleaning and proper adjustment of bug contacts were always needed in
the day, because the condition you are talking about would result in
scratchy keying...which was never blamed on the transmitter, only on
the op who was not keeping his bug "greased".  The need is greater now
because noone is keying the +100V or more found on the old open
cathode circuits any more, and bad bug contacts will easier bother a
mere 12 volts on the key, and bother 5 volts even worse.

73, Guy.