Good Morning, Michael

To my comment:
   "From what I've seen, many who profess belief in democracy
    lack faith in the judgment of the people."

You responded:
   "Faith may be too much to ask of them."

If so, their lack of regard for the judgment of the people belies their belief in democracy!!!!

If one has the humility to recognize that there are many people with superior qualities among our peers, it is easy to see that we need a means of finding them and elevating them to positions of leadership. Those who are so arrogant as to believe that they can personally influence events by voting on choices made by self-interested people, will continue to pursue methods of doing so, even though their efforts are so obviously futile and the results so destructively flawed.

re: "But I am sworn to a truce with you!  Critique of method is not
     allowed."

Alas, Alas!!!  Must it rest there, then?

A thoughtful critique would be welcome ... provided, of course, that the person offering it were willing to consider the counterpoints and address them with reason. The effort might lead to an impasse, but, if so, the points of disagreement would be clear.

Besides, is not asserting (with regard to my description of Practical Democracy) that "the infrastructure you propose has problems" a form of critique. Is it improper to ask that the assertion be supported?

I've attempted to respond to every reasonable objection that has been raised. I'd like to consider clear, direct counter-arguments, but, for the most part, the issues have be avoided.

re: "So I return the question in this form: What other election
     methods have been proposed that are similar, either in
     purpose or technique, to your own practical democracy?  Of
     those most similar, what are their compartative strengths
     and weaknesses?"

I'm sorry, but I've never heard of any election method that is even remotely similar to the one I outlined. There are informal arrangements of this type all around us ("You drive, we're drunk.") but I'm unaware of any attempt to formalize the procedure.

re: "Do you still prefer a CC for list posts?"

Yes, I do. For a variety of reasons, not least of which is the confusing arcana that peppers most submissions, I do not attempt to read all the posts on the site. If it is not inconvenient for you, please insure that I receive a copy of your messages.

At the risk of showing my ignorance, I was under the impression that clicking on the underlined part of the author's name at the top of a post (Michael Allan mike at zelea.com, in your case) automatically sent a copy of the post to the author. Am I wrong ... again???

Fred