Good Morning, Juho

Let me start by apologizing for my tardy response. Although it was not the only cause, there was an extenuating circumstance: We were invaded ... by our offspring. My wife and I celebrated our 57th wedding anniversary and, for some reason, our family thought that worthy of note. To tell you the truth, after thinking about my life with my wife, I agreed with them. I am uncommonly fortunate.

re: "On the other hand a representational democracy needs some
     structure to handle different political opinions, ..."

Does reason not provide a better structure than bias?

re: "... and having parties is not a bad approach for taking care
     of this need."

I disagree.  It is a terrible, self-defeating approach.

Many humans lament the depredation of war; particularly those subject to its ravages. Why, then, is the best political system we can devise one based on confrontation? Can we not see that confrontational methods must lead to confrontational results? Do we lack the wisdom and judgment to seek a method informed by our reason rather than our passion?

Most people think parties are necessary so you are among the majority. You may take comfort from that, but it gives me none. I look at the evolution, just during my lifetime, of gigantic entities that dominate our existence and devastate our planet; I look at one nation invading another; I look at monstrous greed thriving on deceit and obfuscation, and I think, "Oh, Oh! There must be a better way. We've got to do better than this."

Fred Gohlke