On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 12:53:01 AM UTC+1, Mark Hamburg wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2016, at 2:51 PM, Richard Feldman <richard....@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> Richard's definition of large application (36,000 lines) and my definition
>> (Photoshop, Lightroom, ...) are rather different in scale
>>

> OP said "If i have a site with lots of features what is the best way to
> orgainze everything?" and our code base precisely fits the bill for what he
> asked for advice about. :)
>

> Point taken.
>
> However, I fear that your argument to worry about scaling later dances
> around the fact that some scaling issues arrive the moment you would like
> to have two people work on something.

And it should also be added that sometimes the need to scale comes after
you have already hacked out a non-scalable code base and is accompanied by
pressure from a business that needs scalability yesterday. Before
committing to a new framework like Elm, one would first like to know that
it can be scaled, how it can be, what will be necessary to refactor code to
make it scalable and what pitfalls one could have avoided in the first
place that may become big problems later. I feel more comfortable about the
start simple approach once I've got that figured out.