Juergen Fenn <jf...@gmx.net> writes:

>>> When I drag and drop a jpg image to an Org buffer, Emacs opens the image
>>> i new buffer, not in the Org buffer.
>>
>> Interesting.
>> May you try M-x debug-on-entry RET dnd-open-local-file RET
>> Then, drop an image, and share the backtrace displayed?
>
> ----
> Debugger entered--entering a function:
> * dnd-open-local-file("file:/Users/juergenfenn/Desktop/test-file.jpeg"
> private)

Looks like Mac does not follow XDND.
I think I know how to fix this.

>> Yes, you need to use M-x yank-media, not C-y.
>
> Thank you, this indeed did the trick. Now, Org created an attachment,
> but not the original jpeg was added. Instead org added a tiff file in a
> subfolder of the org file working directory. However, I cannot open it
> in Preview as a tiff file.

Org normally asks you what format to insert, if multiple formats are
available from clipboard.

> ----
>
> An export to Markdown and preview from Markdown-Mode in Firefox does not
> display the image:

That's questions to firefox/preview. But I think that you should simply
select a different format when pasting. tiff is not the most widely
supported format.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,