Am 03.06.24 um 07:06 Uhr schrieb Visuwesh:
> [ஞாயிறு ஜூன் 02, 2024] Juergen Fenn wrote:

>>> Even Linux clipboard offers several formats if I copy from browser.
>>> After M-x yank-media, I get "Several types, available, choose one:"
>>> prompt, with options to choose from png/pbm/xbm/xpm/jpeg format. I
>>> guess it is also tiff in your case. Just choose another format in that
>>> prompt.
>>
>> I'm afraid I forgot to mention that I don't get prompted, and I did not
>> copy the image from my webbrowser. Rather, I downloaded the jpg file
>> over Europeana's proxy from Finnish National Library and then copied
>> this one with Command-c in Finder (the macOS file manager) from local
>> system SSD. I do not understand how the tiff comes in here. But is is
>> there in the data folder Org created. I tried to open it in Preview, I
>> even changed the file ending to .jpg, but I cannot open it. The tiff
>> file seems to be corrupt.
>>

> Please tell what is shown in the *Completions* buffer when you do M-x
> yank-media-types RET after you copy the image to the clipboard.  I
> suspect the problem is with the regexp used to detect the mime-type.

Sorry for my late reply. I have updated to Org 9.7.2 in the meanwhile.

M-x yank-media-types RET yields:

Yank type:
clipboard:image/tiff
clipboard:STRING
clipboard:text/plain

M-x yank-media RET still inserts an attachment with a tiff file that I
cannot open in Preview.

BTW, Org identifies with a rather longish string that used to be shorter
in Org 9.6:

Org mode version 9.7.2 (release_N/A-N/A-88dd2c @
/Users/juergenfenn/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.7.2/)

Regards,
Jürgen.