On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Tom Roche wrote:

> works for me, and seems even cleaner. (Except for the paren
> placement: being usually procedural I like starts and ends to line
> up :-)

I fail to see why people want to do this parens thing.  Whoever looks
at them?

I just look at the indentation to see the structure.

> Which reminds me: now that remote compilation works, next on my
> agenda is remote version control. I've got cvs both on my client
> (w2k) and servers (mostly Solaris). I know the client works, but I
> haven't used it for "real work," only for, e.g. downloading
> TRAMP. For the former, I've been SSHing in (I keep a shell up for
> things like isql, and as a "security blanket") and executing
> commands directly. What would be The Best Way to do this within
> Emacs?

Well, the idea with CVS is that you have your own working directory,
which need not be on the CVS server.  So maybe it is best to just use
CVS to fetch a working directory to your desktop machine?

Well, for remote compilation you now have M-x tramp-compile RET, no?

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.