Jon,

It's not just a simple temperature control... It needs some smarts,
that's why ATM I'm using a PLC with a dual thermocouple input and a
touch screen to and several SSR's perform the tasks. I need two or more
temperature probes (thermocouples not thermisters) one controls the
cabinet temperature via the recipe or the conditions I have set up and
one or more monitors the internal temperature of the food and the
"smart" part figures out what to do based on the recipe and the current
temperatures.

What I want to do is move the "smarts" from the PLC to a PC as everyone
seems to have a laptop laying about somewhere and I don't know many
people that even know what PLC means.

One recipe might look like this
Cabinet temperature 120F, Circulation Fan On, Vent 100% open time 1:45
add smoke generator heat time 0:20
close vent to 50%
ramp cabinet temperature from 120F to 145F over a 2 hour period
smoke generator off
cabinet temperature 160F until internal temperature reaches 145F

Thanks
John