That is some sophisticated smoker control.. :-)

Seems to me that the hard part is getting the thermocouple inputs into
the PC without going bankrupt.

Did you see this ??

http://www.circuitcellar.com/library/print/0503/moyer154/3.htm

Perhaps something like this but instead tied an Arduino or a Pokeys
which is then tied to your PC via USB?

Dave