On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 02:57:09PM +0100, Francis TISSERANT wrote:
> Pavel
> I am a French translator. Nice work Pavel. Choosing asciidoc looks good
> to me, John T. has already explored this possibility long ago. The
> process of renaming fichiers_fr.* was created by Jeff to simplify my
> translation work. I can not thank him enough! Now, pass the French
> documentation in their own directory is a good idea.
I think moving translations to separate dirs have benefits over _lang suffix.
First it's structure and references are same with only base dir changed.
Second I hope for russian translation but keeping another copy of _ru files
in same dir will bloat it... That's why i've not yet touched translations.
But conversion scripts are working good so I hope there won't be problems.

It would be great if you'll review them after conversion.

> I think we should
> keep the two forms, *. html and *. pdf are complementary.
Nobody is talking about killing PDF docs - they are certanly needed and
may be generated. I've just omited that part since they won't help in
bug hunting.

                                Pavel