Il giorno lun, 13/02/2012 alle 20.23 -0600, Jon Elson ha scritto:
> Spiderdab wrote:
> > Yes I've tried using G64, but maybe i didn't know how this worked.
> > because i didn't have the expected resulting.
> >
> > Just because you mentioned, is it correct to use such a line at the
> > beginning of the g-code file:
> > G64 Pp Qq
> >
> > in which p is the maximum distance admitted from the point, and q...well
> > i don't know how to explain, but i understood it was what i needed. But
> > i've tried with different values either for p and q, and nothing
> > changed. the result was as if without using G64.
> > So maybe i was wrong in using that.
> >

> It is G64.1 Pxxx.  G64 turns on some smoothing, G64.1 turns on more (and I'm
> vastly oversimplifying it.)  Well, maybe they have changed it, but I'm
> pretty sure
> I used G64.1 Pxxx, but looking at section 3.1.3 it doesn't say that.
> http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/EMC2_User_Manual.pdf
>
> Jon
I've never read about G64.1 , but I believe you and going to try that in
these days. What i've read also on that pdf is that with a P0 i have the
best velocity following, but also that it is the normal way LinuxCNC
works, even if you omit G64. Is it?
and, I really cannot understand what Q does (naive) and if you have to
use Q together with P or without.

Davide.