On 8/11/2012 9:04 AM, Michael Haberler wrote:
> I think we have at least two discussions going on in the same thread:
>
> - what features should LinuxCNC3 have
> - when, how, and after which preconditions ticked off should planning and
> work on LinuxCNC 3 start
>
> It is wonderful and lusty to muse on the first item on end, but my point to
> start with was: I by now firmly believe there are some not-so-lusty
> preconditions and decisions to be looked at (2), and work done, before (1)
> becomes more than a blue-sky exercise without much consequence.

Michael:

Keep going, you're on a roll.

I continue to hope you will document your ideas on a Wiki page where
they can easily be read in an organized manner but there's nothing wrong
with carrying on a discussion here.

A Chinese proverb comes to mind here, "a journey of a thousand miles
begins with a single step."

My grandmother had another proverb that seems appropriate, "the proof of
the pudding is in the eating." Patrick Henry Winston (professor of AI at
MIT) would later say roughly the same thing when---I'm paraphrasing
here---he would tell students their best ideas weren't any good until
they had been implemented.

Regards,
Kent

PS - "lusty"? If you mean the German "lustig" I would translate it in
this context as "amusing" or perhaps "entertaining".