Michael Haberler wrote:
> in addition to the rt-preempt measurements reported before, I built a xenomai
> 'GPIO wiggler' in C, using the (actually working) xenomi hires timers, and
> ran it on an idle rpi, and then a few times under some load (2 compiles).
>
> I collated everything here: http://linuxcnc.mah.priv.at/rpi/rpi-rtperf.html

Well, these results are not great, but they aren't horrible, either.  A
mediocre X-86
CPU can do a whole lot worse.  There is still this issue (which may not
exist at all
but is just a misreading of data) that a long string of tasks in an RT
thread may
have large delays due to cache purging.  That may be the final hurdle to
check
out on ARM CPUs.

Jon