Am 14.09.2012 um 03:36 schrieb Charles Steinkuehler:

> On 9/13/2012 2:13 PM, Michael Haberler wrote:
>> in addition to the rt-preempt measurements reported before, I built
>> a xenomai 'GPIO wiggler' in C, using the (actually working) xenomi
>> hires timers, and ran it on an idle rpi, and then a few times
>> under some load (2 compiles).
>>
>> I collated everything here:
>> http://linuxcnc.mah.priv.at/rpi/rpi-rtperf.html
>
> How did you get your PREEMPT-RT kernel for the pi?  I haven't
> successfully built one yet, but I've been traveling and had limited
> chance to test.

Charles,

that was the kernel which is currently  recommend by Raspbian

the config is here:
http://git.mah.priv.at/gitweb/raspberry-test.git/blob/a5e40ad89a3387f3e336776a4ebb299b21ada35e:/proc_config_gz.txt

I rebuilt it though just to see what knobs can be twisted, see below

-m

ps: my scribblings on the side during cross-building:
--------------------------------
http://elinux.org/RPi_Kernel_Compilation

firmware:

first time:
-----------
cd rpi/kernel-build
git clone git://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware.git
cd firmware/boot
scp arm128_start.elf arm192_start.elf arm224_start.elf bootcode.bin loader.bin
start.elf <user>@<host>:/boot/

next time:
----------
cd rpi/kernel-build/firmware
git pull
cd boot
scp arm128_start.elf arm192_start.elf arm224_start.elf bootcode.bin loader.bin
start.elf <user>@<host>:/boot/

see
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/1/how-do-i-build-a-gcc-4-7-toolchain-for-cross-compiling

I used this ready built toolchain though:

checkout toolchain from here: git clone
https://github.com/raspberrypi/tools.git --depth 1
set TCPREFIX below as per location

kernel build
------------
cd rpi/kernel-build
mkdir raspberrypi
cd raspberrypi
git clone git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git
cd linux
cp arch/arm/configs/bcmrpi_cutdown_defconfig .config

export
TCPREFIX=/home/mah/rpi/kernel-build/tools/arm-bcm2708/arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi-

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TCPREFIX oldconfig

#optional#make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TCPREFIX menuconfig

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$TCPREFIX -k -j 6

return after lunch;)