On Thursday 12 December 2013 13:14:21 sam sokolik did opine:

> I have been testing off and on..
>
> everything that I have thrown at it program wise has worked - run to
> finish.  Only slight violations (like 30.0something for acc)
>
> It is quite impressive.  Running the internet.ngc strait G64 (no naive
> cam detector combining segments - so it has to touch every segment).
> The new TP runs 2.5 hours - the old was over 4 hours before I had to
> leave - I I think it probably had at least an hour to go.
>
> The steve.ngc runs better with the latest push from the 10th - it only
> seems to fall back to parabolic blends in 2 spots  iirc.  And as of late
> - spiral runs very fast. (I should try arcspiral.)
>
> If I get some time - I will try some threading on real hardware.
>
> I think more people need to start testing this.
>
> As always - great work!
> sam

I think you are right Sam.  Is it time to put both methods in the 2.5.3
builds, and give us a switch variable to use one or the other in our .ini
files?

Sounds like a heck of a good way to get some quality beta testing time from
more people without forcing us to pull the repo and build it from scratch.
I'd sure give it some exercise given some warmer weather.

> On 12/10/2013 05:33 PM, Robert Ellenberg wrote:
> > On Dec 10, 2013 6:25 PM, "sam sokolik" <sa...@empirescreen.com> wrote:
> >> cool - the only thing is that the internet.ngc I don't think has any
> >
> > arcs...
> >
> > The algorithm detects close-to-tangent line segments too. I'll run
> > that program with a tight tolerance and a loose one to see if it's
> > the cause of the small violations.
> >
> >> http://imagebin.org/281714  (it didn't go over by much)
> >>
> >> sam

> > discriminant

> > for

> > kind

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

I am an optimist.  It does not seem too much use being anything else.
                -- Winston Churchill
         law-abiding citizens.