Hello John,
I apologize for sounding that way. The back story is that I have been using
Linuxcnc/EMC for many years in a production environment. Actually, all of
my shop equipment runs Linux, so I know (at least in my situation) what
works and what does not. I have been seeing discussions about Linuxcnc in
other places, in particular CNC Cookbook, and the number one issue is that
it behaves more like a hobby tool, than a tool that you would trust to run
your shop floor. I am forced to agree with this impression, but the facts
are different, Linuxcnc is extremely reliable and capable of running nearly
any machine, but it requires more than an integration job to do so. This is
where I was thinking I could be of use to the project. I have been using
Linuxcnc for years, I thought I might get on the other end and contribute
back.

After reading my posts, I see the comment I made about the tool editor
looks bad. To clarify, I was asking for someone to explain the rationale
behind the way that it works if I was not understanding it properly. Also,
I was pointing out the issues I was experiencing using it possibly because
of my lack of understanding.

Also, I might point out that the start of this conversation, I was asking
if anyone else was working on heading in the embedded direction so I could
share notes and assist them directly. If there is nobody doing this, I
would be happy to start contributing here.
-Neil-