Hello EBo,
Yes, it helps. I will look into them. I have used EMC on PC104s in the
past, but the ones I have used are just normal PC platform. They are way
too expensive, and they are sometimes not as reliable as some commodity PC
hardware. I have had better success with the VIA EPIA boards. The
BeagleBone is a good one with plenty of GPIO pins. I have found it awkward
to interface FPGAs to it, so it is mostly limited to running steppers,
though I have one running with an Altera Spartan II FPGA, but by the time I
got it up and running, it ended up looking like a huge hack, so that was
the reason that I built the A20 board.
-Neil-