Dear Neil,

No worrier here.  I was jut really trying to gauge if you were trying
to be so or if I was just being overly sensitive.  I think it was the
latter, so think noting of it.  The folks here put a lot of sweat,
tears, and occasionally even a little blood into their work.  There is
also a bit of history with at least 4 different companies that I know of
engaging us in one way or another over the decades, and most of the
interactions ended with less than pleasant memories so there are
sensitive places here and there.  Like I said, it was not intentional so
no worries.

You have a nice vision of things.  It is different than many of us, and
if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and help (which it sounds
like you are) then we can either find a way to integrate it or to help
with a fork.  Even that is likely to cause some grumbling because
inevitably someone reaches out for help from us on one of these
off-shoots, and it ends up draining time and resources we would
otherwise use to focus on our own projects.

One of the key things we need to discuss is if your approach to things
(like different OS, new interfaces, etc.) will integrate into the
existing infrastructure, or if you are going to try to convince us that
something else is better.  We are all open to new things, but for us to
uproot any underlying assumptions will take a lot of effort on your part
to get the ball rolling and to convince us of any benefits.

I look forward to looking at the code.  I hope I will have time to look
into when it comes along, and I wish you the best of luck with your
project.

   EBo --