On Sunday 03 February 2019 09:30:46 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:

getting TLDR, clipped most of whats been solved

> The 7I76 spindle ENA and DIR outputs are independent of the analog
> value of spinout, (though the analog out is forced to 0 if spinena is
> false) is it possible you have a wiring error?
This is solved and it looks like I can excise that other stuff from the
hal file.

Now, re a lack of response at the actual outputs 15 and 14.

I did a setp to set invert true, made them come on when they should have
been off so I setp them to false, and now they are working as desired.

But they weren't working before I setp'd those 2 output-inverts to
anything. I can see my halfile growing another 50+ lines, but so far
I've not yet had to invert an input, mostly because what I've used so
far (spindle gearshift tally's) is on the SainMmart bob and coming in
thru p2 on the 5i25.  But the home switches will have to be on the 7i76.
Thats probably another differently painted horse...

Onward and upward, to encoder inputs (I hope) But the old BoB got in the
way, so all 4 steppers step and dir's are now on are now on one terminal
strip, waiting for me to bring in the cables. Small power supplies can
leave as this new box can supply all that. I can bring in two steppers
per cable, and use the 5th connection on one of them to ship in the 5
volts for the drivers + terminals. That gets me down to two cables and
connectors for all 4 axises. That might leave me enough to run a tool
changer.

I've figured out the 5 volts and grounds for the encoder but I have to
power it up to decipher which of the other 3 wires is which. Ditto the
home switches.  That was such a birds next inside and around the old Bob
that it just had to go.

And by the time I'd made two trips to the store because the larder was
getting low, and fixed dinner for the missus, I'm all in but my
shoelaces.  Tomorrow is the next day to work on this.  Anything else in
the odd dept. I need to know?  Home switches are all closures to ground,
do I need to put pullups on the 3 inputs, or do they supply what they
need?  Or, since their grounds are isolated from the machine frame,
should I put 5 volts on that ground and watch for a true coming out?

Thanks for your patience Peter.

> > Peter Wallace
> > Mesa Electronics
> >
> > (\__/)
> > (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
> > (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)