On Sunday 03 February 2019 20:03:28 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 19:56:53 -0500
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > To: emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] 7i76 vs spinout signal
> >
> > On Sunday 03 February 2019 09:30:46 Peter C. Wallace wrote:
> >> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > getting TLDR, clipped most of whats been solved
> >
> >> The 7I76 spindle ENA and DIR outputs are independent of the analog
> >> value of spinout, (though the analog out is forced to 0 if spinena
> >> is false) is it possible you have a wiring error?
> >
> > This is solved and it looks like I can excise that other stuff from
> > the hal file.
> >
> > Now, re a lack of response at the actual outputs 15 and 14.
> >
> > I did a setp to set invert true, made them come on when they should
> > have been off so I setp them to false, and now they are working as
> > desired.
>
> I dont think thats the case, I suspect you misdiagnosed the initial
> test

While thats always a possibility, but its a test reading I did multiple
times for both conditions, and until I added the
setp output-invert true,
which made it backwards, so I setp'd it false and it works as expected.

ATM its the middle of the night and I'm trying to see if I have all 4
stepgens ready to hook up later today, and I find I cannot see the
actual steps with a halscope any place.  So I'll have to scope probe the
7i76 stepgen pulse outputs.  Is this correct? Or is there a way to see
them on a halscope pin when there is no base thread? I can't find an
output that shows them, Probably too short for halscope running on
srevo-thread to see. I can see the dir changes at the corresponding
gpio.in, so I assume they are working. I'll try to get that all hooked
up today, leaving the home switches and encoder to sort tomorrow.  And
that should get that mill 100% usable again. Leaving me plotting how to
make a tool changer for it.  And searching for an endoscope camera that
actually works.

On another front, I have the alignment kit working well on the 6040
already. Theoretically, just copying that code to this machine should
handle that. easy-peasy on the 6040 as the workpiece is usually mounted
on a spoil board and therefore insulated, so it could be made to use a
G38.2 to detect the angular error. Aligning the machine to the workpiece
rather than the other way around.

Thanks Peter.

> Peter Wallace
> Mesa Electronics
>
> (\__/)
> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
> (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)