> Moin! (north german hello)
>
> I would like to add some thoughts.
>
> 1. Releases are a must have. Think about someone having a 10000 Dollar
> Maschine being brocken by a Bug. I for myself am very cautious about testing
> new versions, as my machine has 2x 2KW servos on y-axis, easy able to tear
> the machine apart...

If you do not want to take the risk you do not have to. If you have a 10000
Dollar machine maybe it's worth spending some money on commercial control
system, maybe they are more responsible.

> 2. If there are spenders, bring them on. What about a patreon for lcnc? And
> payment is done in 3 tiles, one in advance, one @integration and one
> @release. We make a list of open things, define a price and publish them. I
> for myself would be OK with the one organizing getting paid for his work.

Might be a good idea but I do currently not know anything I am prepared to pay
for to get done except maybe a little bit of money.