I send this to a friend of mine who is actually looking for a new project.

It would boost lcnc in my opinion if we had someone being lead who is not
working for free. I mean the users are earning money with the software, why
shouldn't those who build it?

Yours Julian

On 14 June 2020 13:38:16 CEST, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 at 12:23, Rod Webster <r...@vmn.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Thats not necessarily true.  What sets this project apart  from many
>other
>> open source applications is that its 100% voluntariness. Most other
>open
>> source projects I've been associated with have a revenue stream from
>> commercial activities.
>
>Octoprint is an interesting case there, Patreon allows Gina to work on
>it as a full-time job.
>
>Money has been discussed in the context of LinuxCNC in the past.
>Nobody has ever wanted to be the one who decides how it is spent.
>
>There have been occasions when someone has paid a specific coder to do
>a specific project on LinuxCNC. Tormach paid for some stuff, for
>example.
>(But the developer they used wasn't one of the main developers, he
>might even have been new to the project, it was a while ago)
>
>--
>atp
>"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
>designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
>lunatics."
>— George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Pinneberg
Julian Wingert

Subtilitas Consulting

Holstenstr. 25