On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 at 12:23, Rod Webster <r...@vmn.com.au> wrote:

> Thats not necessarily true.  What sets this project apart  from many other
> open source applications is that its 100% voluntariness. Most other open
> source projects I've been associated with have a revenue stream from
> commercial activities.

Octoprint is an interesting case there, Patreon allows Gina to work on
it as a full-time job.

Money has been discussed in the context of LinuxCNC in the past.
Nobody has ever wanted to be the one who decides how it is spent.

There have been occasions when someone has paid a specific coder to do
a specific project on LinuxCNC. Tormach paid for some stuff, for
example.
(But the developer they used wasn't one of the main developers, he
might even have been new to the project, it was a while ago)

--
atp
lunatics."