On Tuesday 04 August 2020 08:10:48 Stuart Stevenson wrote:

> I saw no problems in config.log other than the configure report in the
> terminal.
> libgnomeprint-2.2 and optreset
> both are 'OLD' - I believe I can safely ignore both

But I was talking about what goes flying by on screen while ./configure
is running.  Much more verbose than the log. You might have to set
scrollback thru history to 50,000 or more to see the whole thing.
But yes, libgnomeprint-2.2 is OLD. optreset I don't recall seeing so is
new to me.

> The font size issue seems to be a job for 'virtualbox'. I will install
> Buster in virtualbox and see what happens.

I'm doing it in a konsole shell. Nothing virtual.  Right on the pi's ssh
login shell. I see 3 or 4 big commits since I last did the build/install
yesterday, so its running again now.

I'm doing this all except the final install, on a 240G SSD on a usb3
adaptor, for minimum stress on the u-sd card, even swap has been moved
to 120G SSD. my u-sd is a 64G, df says its at 17% so it has plenty of
room to wear level.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis