On 08/04/2020 10:10 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 04 August 2020 08:10:48 Stuart Stevenson wrote:

I saw no problems in config.log other than the configure report in the
terminal.
libgnomeprint-2.2 and optreset
both are 'OLD' - I believe I can safely ignore both

But I was talking about what goes flying by on screen while ./configure
is running.  Much more verbose than the log. You might have to set
scrollback thru history to 50,000 or more to see the whole thing.
But yes, libgnomeprint-2.2 is OLD. optreset I don't recall seeing so is
new to me.

You can do this :

./configure 2>&1 | tee configure.log

This redirects both std output and error output to one pipe, and tees it so you see the output on the screen and it also writes to the file.

Jon