The Machinekit project seems to be very quiet. Maybe they think they accomplished all their goals.

I was wondering if there was any possibility that LinuxCNC could support the Beagle Bone and Charles Steinkuehler's driver for the PRU. This does software stepping with quite decent performance by moving the "base thread" into the PRU processors (200 MHz 32-bit RISC attached CPUs). This has been shown to work nicely for small stepper-driven machines.

Right now, Robert C. Nelson is providing a Machinekit build (equivalent to our iso's) but I don't
know if that will continue indefinitely.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Jon