On 03/28/2021 04:18 PM, andy pugh wrote:
On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 at 19:40, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

I was wondering if there was any possibility that LinuxCNC
could support the Beagle Bone and Charles Steinkuehler's
driver for the PRU.
I have talked to Charles about it in the past (a few years ago) but
wasn't really interested enough at the time to experiment.

It looks like the code will just drop into the LinuxCNC tree. But it
only compiles on the Beaglebone. I don't have one set up here at the
moment.
Right, it would take somebody to set up the infrastructure.
If you want to try compiling this new branch:
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/andypugh/bb_pru

A problem is that with no BBB buildslave, no packages will be built by
the buildbot.

Compiling all of LinuxCNC on the Bone would not be as quick as on a decent X86 machine. I think it comes out maybe being 1/4 the speed. That's probably still OK, though.

Thanks, Andy and Bari for the comments.

Jon