On 04/29/2021 07:06 AM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
I can hardly wait until AI (the real magic) lets us speak in our native
tongue and have AI generate error free code in real time.
It should be very soon now.

"Very soon", in the geological scale of time? Yes, sure. In our lifetimes (in the scale of the older members of this group? I have my doubts.

IBM demoed a "talking typewriter" to TV media in the late 1950's, I think. It was a colossal embarrassment. It apparently worked fairly well on the speakers they tested it with. Walter Cronkhite's voice was different enough that it bombed terribly. I think we are finally REALLY close with speech to text, only 60+ years later.

Jon