On 9/20/22 06:17, Nicklas SB Karlsson wrote:
Den 2022-09-20 kl. 11:27, skrev Jérémie Tarot:
Le mar. 20 sept. 2022 à 02:41, Feral Engineer <theferalengin...@gmail.com>
a écrit :

Trust me, I'm well aware of what css is. 😆

I bet you do ! 😅
That was actually me thinking out loud, and I should have put a question
mark because I still don't get how CSS could work for milling 🤔

Pretty easy calculate rotational speed from given surface speed and tool diameter. It could be done the "normal" way using G97 entering rotational speed or with G96 let Linuxcnc do the calculation entering the surface speed.

Thinking about a lathe and testing again rotational speed of course depend X position. Should most certainly make no sense to change rotational speed depending on X position on a mill and if not based on the tool diameter better disable it.

Nicklas Karlsson

I think the main problem with using it on the hobbiest mill is the limited speed
available on the smaller machines. My go704 has been supercharged with a
higher voltage and amperage psu driving the spindle as a servo, but even with the ability to bang that 1 horse PMDC motor to at least 2 hp, the top speed is still only 3000 revs in high gear, on a good day. One of the reasons I've not yet
put a mister on that machine.

I need to, now that I've figured out how to make it work well w/o burning up the shops compressor, or going deaf from its noise even faster than I am. I really have to listen carefully with the spindle off, to hear what I have running  on the 6040 now, yet its plenty of air to run its mister. Or run it dry to blow away saw
dust of milling a big wooden screw.

Take care & stay well Nicklas K.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)