The talk is centered around safety because this is a safety
discussion group.

     Answering to many threads recently, I must comment on your
statement: "> Safety specs are construction and performance.
> They tell you what to do. No secret there." IMHO, with any luck and a lot of
> work, safety standards in the future will not dictate construction and will
> therefore allow real engineers to solve real problems by using their minds
> instead of being trained (as opposed to being educated) to do things which
> have been done blindly for years.

      And thus you have my half of the comments I will submit to this
group this year.   Please keep up the discussions - this forum may be
THE BEST TOOL TO EDUCATE SAFETY PROFESSIONALS!

    I strongly agree with your statement about keeping it in the box.

Regards,
           Ed Eckert, Nortel

"Opinions here are the only things that I alone own; my wife owns the
rest and she is working on my opinions"